National Honor Society
– Nominations are submitted in the fall after freshman year. All Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors with a 3.75 GPA will be invited to apply
– After nomination, induction is based on character, leadership, activities, and community service paperwork which is submitted by the student.
– Members are selected (based on the paperwork submitted) by a 5 member faculty council, appointed by the principal.
– Mrs. Cardillo/Mr. Amolins serve as advisors for this group; however, are not a part of the voting council.
– Members are expected to participate in the monthly service projects planned by the NHS elected officers.
5. Research possible service projects and activities for chapter6. Read and become familiar with the NHS contract and be able to inform members of its content
1. Preside over all meets in absence of President
3. Write up releases to website and paper about upcoming events
4. Assume leadership role in organizing fundraisers and service projects
1. Take minutes at all meetings- copy and give to advisors
3. Keep accurate attendance- contact members who have missed meeting without notifying advisors
4. Make copies of applications and put together binders for faculty committee
6. Distribute all information and materials for fundraisers and service projects 7. Assume leadership role in organizing fundraisers and service projects
1. Get copy of current NHS balance and transactions
3. Complete purchase orders and submit to advisors
4. Collect all money made or raised by chapter, and fill out deposit slips whennecessary
5. Take accurate inventory of all needed supplies and make order
1. Make up check sheet and alphabetized notebook for all current members
3. Distribute and collect service project requirements and proposals to all members
4. Review service project proposals and adjust, then contact members as needed
5. Distribute and collect completed service project final assessments and file